General Sales Manager - Honda of Downtown Chicago in Chicago, IL
Honda of Downtown Chicago is part of one of the best automotive groups (Murgado Automotive Group) in the country. We strongly believe that our team is what makes our dealerships best in class. When you join our team, you become more than an employee; you become part of a friendly, tight-knit family. We care about you and your dreams, ambitions and goals. And the opportunity for growth is endless. We only promote from within our company and the sky is the limit.
Come and join our team!
We are always on the lookout for talented and experienced leaders to join our team. As a General Sales Manager
- Medical Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Supplemental Insurances
- Paid Vacation time
- Hires, trains, supervises, and monitors the performance of the new- and used-vehicle department managers.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual dealership forecast by projecting unit sales, gross profits, expenses, and operating profits for the new- and used-sales departments.
- Meets with sales managers (new and used) to establish annual and monthly objectives for unit sales, gross profits, expenses, and operating profit.
- Ensures that sales managers (new and used) understand dealership policies, procedures, and sales systems.
- Works with dealer and general manager to determine appropriate days’ supply for new and used vehicles and orders/acquires vehicle inventory accordingly.
- Establishes standards for displaying, merchandising, and maintaining new and used vehicles.
- Issues all demonstrators and ensures that appropriate dealership records are maintained.
- Meets with the general manager to review monthly forecasts, commission sheets, productivity reports, and the profit performance of each department as a whole and each salesperson individually.
- Studies local market conditions, demographics, and past sales history. Makes recommendations to the general manager regarding short- and long-range advertising plans, sales promotions, staffing needs, lease promotions, and compensation plans.
- Addresses customer complaints to ensure high level of customer satisfaction.
- Creates systems that ensure ongoing sales training, including weekly sales meetings.
- Facilitates new-vehicle pre-delivery with the service manager.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Previous experience with luxury automotive brands preferred
- Proven knowledge of dealership procedures and operations
- Strong background in leading and managing a team of people successfully
- Advance Microsoft Office knowledge; computer software and internet proficiency
- Demonstrable experience in a sales management position
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- Knowledge of federal, state, hazardous materials and waste, and OSHA regulations
- Willing to submit to and pass a pre-employment background check & drug screen
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.