2019 Honda Pilot Safety Rating
A new SUV should not only come with the power and fuel efficiency you need to keep moving, but plenty of features to protect you along the way. Thanks to the impressive 2019 Honda Pilot safety ratings from the industry’s top safety organizations, Cicero and Oak Park drivers can feel safer and take advantage of its full suite of driver-assist features and technology. Learn about the Honda Pilot safety ratings and more from the experts at Honda of Downtown Chicago.
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
When the Honda Pilot was reviewed by IIHS, it was named a Top Safety Pick*, having passed several tests to see how the vehicle holds up in the event of a collision. Drivers will have additional peace of mind whether they’re around town or away from home with these outstanding ratings:
- Small overlap front
- Driver Side: Good*
- Passengers Side: Acceptable*
- Moderate overlap front: Good*
- Side: Good*
- Roof strength: Good*
- Head restraints and seats: Good*
Crash Avoidance and Mitigation
- Front crash prevention: Superior (with optional equipment)*
- Headlights: Good (with certain trims/options)*
Child Seat Anchors (LATCH) Ease Of Use: Acceptable*
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
The 2019 Honda Pilot was also put to the test by the NHTSA and was awarded the following crash test ratings:
- Overall Rating: 5 Stars**
- Frontal Crash: 4 Stars**
- Side Crash: 5 Stars**
- Rollover: 4 Stars**
Honda Pilot Safety Features
The Pilot’s impressive safety ratings would not be possible without the assist from the Honda Sensing® safety suite, which is designed to keep drivers more alert and better protected when behind the wheel. The Honda Pilot safety features include:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) – When there’s the potential for a frontal collision, this feature will help your Pilot brake to avoid it.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM) – Using sensors in the rearview mirror, this system can detect if you’re about to leave your lane and provide steering and braking assistance to keep you where you need to be.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) – Maintain a set speed while on Cicero streets and keep a safe set distance from a vehicle in front of you.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) – This feature adjusts steering to keep you and your Pilot within the lane markings.
Drive Safer in the New Honda Pilot at Honda of Downtown Chicago
After checking out the Honda Pilot safety ratings, make your way over to Honda of Downtown Chicago to learn more about this impressive Honda SUV in person. Check out more Honda features like Lane Departure Warning as you browse our inventory of new Pilot models and new SUVs for sale. And, if you’re looking at SUVs, take a look at a new CR-V. Contact us today to speak with a member of our sales team and to schedule a test drive at our dealership near Skokie!
*For more information from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, visit https://www.iihs.org.
**Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov. Model tested with standard side airbags.